Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Marta SL's on a bike, with the standard drilled SL 160mm rotors. I have some new wheels coming, and will be upgrading to a 180mm rotor in the front. I have a set of Ventidiscs for that application (front and rear), and my question is, will the pads be OK with this upgrade? Should they be broken in again? New pads? I may only have 100 or so miles with the old rotors...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think you should be fine with the used pads. While I have not swapped out my Marta rotors, I have swapped between a 160 and 203 mid pad life on a set of Juicy 7's and did not really notice any modulation issues. I can not comment on the difference in power as the 203 will more powerful then a 160 regardless of pad life.

·
Cyclist of Borg
234 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
They will need to be broken in again, but it's no big deal. I've swapped rotors tons of times without even thinking of pads. Just break them in again.

Alternately, you can lightly sand the pad faces a bit just to clean them up.
Ditto on what JC said. i have Martas and i have switched rotors and pads many time to get the right combo. just give them a light sand with some 150 grit on a flat surface and use a figure 8 pattern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.