Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a pair of Martas SL's for my SS build. I currently have an '08 pair I'm using on my full squish.

When or what year did they go to the easier bleed system and change the lever adjustment screw? Was it in 2010?

Thanks,
Mojo

·
utilikilted
156 Posts
Check out eBay. There is a 2010 blue set for $350. Comes with the old style rotors, but if you are going to change those out, not a bad deal. Storm SL rotors and adapters (if going bigger than 160 mm) will set you back another $85.

Edit: Just noticed the SS in the OP. Don't imagine you'll be going bigger than 160 mm, so you can just upgrade rotors as the set comes with adapters.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shuteye said:
Check out eBay. There is a 2010 blue set for $350. Comes with the old style rotors, but if you are going to change those out, not a bad deal. Storm SL rotors and adapters (if going bigger than 160 mm) will set you back another $85.

Edit: Just noticed the SS in the OP. Don't imagine you'll be going bigger than 160 mm, so you can just upgrade rotors as the set comes with adapters.
What's the problem witth he old style 160 rotors? I've been running those for 2 years without any problems.

Mojo

·
utilikilted
156 Posts
Second hand knowledge only, from this forum - the wavy rotors don't dissipate heat as well and can cause a jutter sensation. In my case I wanted 203mm front, 180mm rear, so had to swap out and ordered Storm SL's as recommended. I don't have personal experience with either style of rotor as this is my first set of Magura discs (used the rim brakes for many years). I say if they work for you, stay with them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
From what I have read or heard or made up from researching Marta SLs, the pre 09 brake pads were smaller than the 09 and beyond brake pads. The pre 09 worked fine on the wavys, but the larger 09 and beyond pads contact below the braking track of the wavys and contact the arms as well. Sometimes a problem and sometimes not. The new Storm and Storm SL rotors have a larger braking track which is better sized for the larger pads. Something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.