Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a set of Magura Marta SL's that are both IS mounting, and want to put the front on my Manitou Super Air fork (post mounting). Can I do this with an adaptor, or do I need a different caliper altogether?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Its impossible to fit an IS caliper ona post mount fork with a 160mm rotor. It has to be a minimum of 170mm. The only ones to make such an adapter and rotor are Shimano. If you want to go with standard sizes you need to go 180mm rotor/adapter.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
If you get a set of 160mm IS mount Martas, in order to make it work with your Manitou fork would be to get a $25 bracket and a 180mm rotor. You just can't make a 6in IS caliper mount up to the Post Mount without screwing up the spacing. Oddly enough, you can go the other way around.

_MK

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Doh!

So the wife goes out and picks up a new Manitou for her race bike......comes to me and says "here, swap it out with the old fork" Damn, she has the Martas.

I think I'll jusy ebay her new fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.