Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get Magura brakes.

I want to know what besides price and weight, is the difference between Marta's with 180mm rotors and Louise FR with 180mm rotors. Anything?

I'm not even sure I need 180mm rotors, but I'm thinking about it at least for the front. I'm planning on getting a Speedhub, so I think I have to use 160mm in the back.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have both sets of brakes with 180/160 rotors. I was expecting the Martas to be much less powerful. I think the difference is very minimal. Even though the levers look identical, I also like the feel of the Martas better.

I am kinda thinking of selling my Loise FR's and picking up another set of Martas. I like the feel of them better.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Weight, price and the Louise are a bit more "beefy". Larger resevoir with more fluid for less fade, larger pistons for more positive pad pressure, more mass/surface area on the rotor for better heat dissipation, etc... From my experience and everything I've read, there are fewer problems with the Louise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.