Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently picked up a set of HS-22 tomac edition maguras and have a question about the quick-release setup.

i spoke with magura tech support, who were amazingly helpful and sent pics and a few missing parts for free. i think i have them installed properly, and they work great as brakes...but the quick-release, well, isn't.

the lefthand booster mounting bolt head is recessed into the booster, which makes sense (no lateral motion, but should allow the booster to slip over it when the QR is released, so the booster comes off with the right-hand caliper). but the fit is so tight, that the booster still won't come off.

what have i done wrong?

bad pic here:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I had the same problem with mine a few years back... basically there's a few things you can do:

Buy a new 4mm bolt with a smaller head,
reduce the size of the head on the one you currently have or,
increase the size of the hole in the brace.

I bought a new bolt which was the easiest from my perspective.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great...so it would seem that it's installed properly, just a bit out of tolerance. i'll bust out the grinder and take a bit of the circumference of the bolt head.

thx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.