Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Gustav M adapters have been discussed every now and then, but maybe once more… couldn't find the answer here (or elsewhere).

I recently bought a vintage bike that has Magura Gustav M brakes installed. Those seem to work just fine and are definitely quite powerfull. Therefore I wouldn't like to abandon those quite yet.

But I seem to have a potential issue, it may be that I cannot fix the Marzocchi Z1 BAM fork anymore and that would mean a new fork.

If it goes to that I have been thinking some relatively cheap fork like RockZhox 30 Silver TK but the problem there is that they have Post Mount whereas current Marzocchi has IS. So I would need a new adapter.. And I cannot figure out which model I need (disk on front is 190mm). I haven't got any reply from Magura on this, I guess they are no more interested.

I know that this is discontinued model and also that adapters tend to be expensive.. EBay would be my option, if I just knew which adapter to look for! Can anybody help?

·
Registered
323 Posts
All of the pm to iso adapters I've seen add 20mm to the disc size, so it would put you at a 210mm rotor, which is well beyond spec for a rs 30, I think the 190mm is beyond the brake capacity of the rs 30.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts