Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a bike with a Magura Wotan on it here in CT - it had that double arch dealio going on with it.

I think there are a few other Magura Models like this right? Has anyone tested them out to see if a 650b will fit????:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SSteel said:
I have put a 650b wheel in the fork and took a picture of it. I can PM you if you like to see it...
Thanks for the photos.

Do you happen to know if the 130mm Laurin or the 130mm Menja forks feature the same axle to dual arch height as the Wotan?

·
Magurified
483 Posts
I measured this on my menjas in the past for SSteel. The axle-arch is 345mm (both front and rear arches), and at full compression the crown is a few mm further away. On a 26" wheen, there's about 20mm clearance over my Trailraker 2.1s on my SS:

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
88 rex said:
So that's a 26" with a 2.1?? Seems like 650b with a 2.3 would be mighty close. Pure speculation on my part.
The Neo-Moto is 2.3 wide but relatively short for a 2.3 tire, as short as most 2.1 tires in diameter beyond the rim's diameter.

From the picture it looks like the Neo-Moto would be only 1/2 inch closer to the arches and probably fit without being too close.

I like the relatively "low-profile" aspect of the Neo-Moto, it's sort of semi-round with smooth break-away, not a hooky handling hard edged square profile. It doesn't roll over sideways as much as a taller more round aspect tire. Excellent design!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sorry for the delay....

Server problems... I was unable to post this until now.

Wotan will clear and so will the Thor (supposedly) when it is released. All the other Magura forks are a no go. :nono:

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
SSteel said:
Server problems... I was unable to post this until now.

Wotan will clear and so will the Thor (supposedly) when it is released. All the other Magura forks are a no go. :nono:

Great pics. What do you estimate the clearance to be at the arch(es)?

Did you get a chance to let the air out and compress the fork to check tire-to-crown clearance?

Cheers,

KP

·
Registered
789 Posts
Clearance was about 15mm.
Sadly the fork has left the shop so I cannot play with it anymore. I will ask the guy to bring it back for more experimentation. ;)

The Thor is actually a 140mm version of the 160mm Wotan...'09 release.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.