Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding a Durin SL? I have been on a new SID, but had to send it in for warranty work a couple weeks back. They just sent out a new one to replace it. I'm tempted to sell it and try one of the Maguras out. But, I haven't heard much in the way of ride reports form the newer SL. I know a lot of pros are running them.... but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Coming off of the SID with it's large range of adjustability and a pushlock, I'm curious as to how the fixed compression damping and no lockout works on the SL.

I would get a 100mm and use would be for my XC race bike (Yeti ASR).

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
May I ask what was wrong with the SID? I am looking at purchasing a new fork for my race bike and that is one of the candidates. Is it a 2009 model? Do you like it?

Sorry I can't provide much info on the Magura Durin SL fork, but I'll be listening carefully to the responses you get! :D

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SID was leaking air from the positive chamber. I suspect it was a bad seal on the upper air chamber. Also oil was leaking from the positive chamber into the lower as well. It would cause the fork to "perma sag" :) Basically would only extend to about 70% with no weight on the fork.

Other than that, I loved the fork. It is fairly light, highly adjustable, and tracked well. I just want to try something different and maybe save a few grams. Let me know if you might be interested in my SID, it should be a band new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.