Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the Magura replacement cartridge is suitable for the Super Fatty Ultra 70 mm travel option? I know that the review stated that it was for the 80 mm Super Fatty and the Aluminum Ultra version but I dont know if there was a Fatty Ultra 80 and a Fatty Ultra 70?

I am rebuilding a Super V 1000 SL and that had the 70 mm aluminum steerer version. It would be nice to go for the upgraded cartridge during the rebuild.

I was also thinking about a single speed during this rebuild as the bike will be mainly for fun stuff. A rear mech will be my default chain tensioner but it may be more slick with a chain tension device instead for a cleaner look etc? Anyone got any thoughts on this one? Basically - all I need the tensioner for is to take up the slack for the swingarm travel.

Any advice appreciated as always. Thanks,
TonyG.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
A couple of thoughts.

I do not think that the Magura will work. It is for the 80mm travel version only.

As far as a SS goes, I am not sure that a tensioner will take up that amout of slack.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brad said:
Magura CCS is for SUPER Fatty Ultra only.

Super Fatty's are the 80mm variety..

For a 70mm you'll need to have ti reshimmed by someone who knows what they're doing
Agreed - I oduble checked my specs and my super V has the HeadShok Fatty Ultra DL (aluminum steerer lightweight version with the 70mm cartridge ans lockout).
Maybe Magura will develop one in this size in the future. I'm in no rush as it rides fine right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem than you. I cheked with the shop with cannondale and magura, there is no way the ccs fit the 70mm fork.
i asked in "my mtb shop" if it was possible, but the only possible way was to cut a 10mm of the ccs.
i chose to buy a new fork that i order 6 weeks ago!
P.S.- i'm from portugal in europe, and the order is made to cannondale in holand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.