Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Performance should be unaffected, both lights should perform okay the only issue i would have would be the gauge being able to take double the power from the battery to the Y connection. If its not big enough it may lead to the cable failing or may increase resistance meaning reduced power. I have been thinking of this, as id like two on my full face for DH night time duties.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My recent experience with the Y cable and 2 MagicShine lightheads is that the run time is not 1/2 what it would be for 1 lighthead. I didn't quite understand why, but now I think I do. Thanks moggy82. I think you're right. The gauge of the cables is leading to a drop in voltage that the lightheads are detecting as reduced battery voltage. I leave home with a fully charged 4cell pack, and the indicator on 1 light head turns red after about 35 minutes. The other one will usually go another 5-10 minutes before doing the same. They continue to have full brightness for at least another 20-30 minutes, but it's unnerving nonetheless.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Objects in The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are

lidarman said:
Georg Ohm would speculate that run time can be divided by two with both lights at full power.
Twice the light half the time.
So you're only support for this claim is a dead guy?

I'm holding out for information from General Custer or Abe Vigoda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.