Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what the difference between the two where besides the 100 lum? Is it worth the extra 30 dollars to get the 1000 or is the 900 good? I can't tell much of a difference thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The MS900 is using the older P-7 leds and at best is putting out half the claimed lumens. The MS1000 is using the new XML leds and is probably in the 600/700 lumen range. For the extra $30 get the MS 1000.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Go to bikeempowerment.com, click on testing at the top of the page, scroll to the bottom of that page and you'll see 3 beamshot pictures of the 808e. Then run your curser to the middle of each beamshot and it will automatically change to shots of the 900 lumin model in the same setting. I own both of these lights and to my eyes this is the best example of the difference between the two. I"ve had excellent results with both lights and would recomend either especially if you add the action wide angle lens. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Here you go Ive got 4 of the 900s and 3 of the1000s this is easy
1000 on the head all the way.
900 on the bar if I was only going to have one 1000 will work on the bar but you need to modify or get a wide lense.
or use the 1000 on the bar like I am next to something like a mj872 or a ray3 then they are killer.
compare the beamshots you will see why
and I wouldn't buy from anyone other than Geoman
Reason 1 battery get them from anyone else and its a crapshoot how long your battery will last
Reason 2 customer service best in the business try returning your light to china or some fly buy night that might not be in business 6 months from now most of these company's are selling the same battery's that were on the recall and they still say there is nothing wrong with the old ones bullcrap I had 2 fail in a month.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Just incase you thought I was recommending bikeempowerment I wasn't. I just sent you there because I liked the format they used to compare the two lights. I"m a loyal Geoman customer and they would be the only place I would recommend for these lights because of the battery and their excellent customer service. If you want to see what the wide angle lens does look back a week or two on this forum for a thread called "magicshine lens" and if I rememeber correctly it also had a link to where you can purchase the lens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts