Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to swap the bar mount off of the BikeRay III onto the magicshine 1400? It looks like it would be a better mounting system.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have both lights it wont work unless you have a bikeray lighthead you want to take the mount off of,
The nightrider mod is the easiest and cheapest seeing you can get old niteriders off ebay for $10 to 20 bucks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I swapped the stupid o-ring bracket on my mj-1400 for a electron one from crc for about 2 euros. Absolutely straightforward. Even the screw thread is the same. I works great and keeps the light as steady as a rock.Must admit it wasn't my idea. Found it in blog somewhere.

·
Registered
205 Posts
oh wow, just checked out your link & the mount for the 'old P7 torches, that's ace.

Are you using old mudguard 'seatpost' clamps to attach the torches to the the electron mount?

EDIT: Opps re-read your post above and see you mention using the handle-bar reflector mounts. DOH!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
GeoManGear sells a slick mount for lights similar to what is pictured. Less than 10 shipped if memory serves me right. It let's the light be mounted right in front of the stem instead of off to one side or the other.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I take it back you can use a bikerayIII handlebar mount for a 1400. you need to drill out the copper swivel and switch the set screw positions and get a longer attaching screw but it works fine you can get these mounts from Geoman for $10 bucks
got my wife a new bike with thicker bars so the niterider mod would not work..
the lighthead is fixed to the handlebar mount so no quik release but it is very firm.
Photobucket

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good, I was thinking the same thing with a different mount. Don't tighten it down too much on the bars, just incase something hits it. You don't want the screw to get ripped out.
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts