Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the process of building my first FS bike and recently purchased a used 2007 Anthem2 frame which is in excellent condition. I've been riding a hardtail (Giant Yukon) for the past 8 years so this is a major step-up for me as it's my first FS bike! :D

I've also gotten hold of a Manitou 3 way Swinger rear shock and thinking of switching it out with the stock but I'm not sure which is better (I'm not sure if it's even compatible).

My question is : Is it better to just leave the stock rear shock on or should I switch it with the Manitou?

I weigh 200 lbs and spend most of my time riding paved or fire roads and thinking of going for more agressive single tracks.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haggis - in this case Maestro = name of rear shock (in some markets Giant equipped some models with their own shocks. For example: http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-IN/bikes/mountain/486/27783/?collections_id=2)

sewering7 - Giant full-suspension bikes are designed in such a way that the suspension works efficiently even without a sophisticated expensive shock. So you should be just fine with the stock Maestro shock.
I understand that you already have the Swinger? If it's the correct size (152mm x 31mm (= 6.0 x 1.25 inches)) then sure you can give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.