Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I noticed there was no legit trail guide online for the Palgrave single track. It's a beauty loop and there is hardly any material on the internet about it.

I like making maps as a side hobby so I threw this together quickly in hopes that other people might have a good time out there;

Mapping was done last week so it includes the current trail revisions that were done by some awesome people who know about flow apparently. :thumbsup:

Link below:

Palgrave Trail Guide | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

the lives

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Thank you, it is much appreciated. I did not know it is just a loop, which means that even I won't get lost. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
What's not there and worth exploring is what's at the north side (north of the Duffy Rd parking) , Double track loops with some single track branches. I think (underline think) that the DT tends to be used by the horse crowd and hikers (there are some boardwalks as well - certainly not horse friendly) still fun for me anyway.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
definitely one of the better local trails.
good job mapping this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Fantastic. Can you do one for the single tracks off of the Currie Tract?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Think I'll grab a few guys and try this next week. Are the trails relatively quiet on the weekends?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fantastic. Can you do one for the single tracks off of the Currie Tract?

Sure can, where are those trails? I'll whip one up for you

Think I'll grab a few guys and try this next week. Are the trails relatively quiet on the weekends?
Always pretty dead, you can go out and have a nice lap without much traffic compared to albion

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
broadwayline...
do you think you can do the same for dufferin forest (mansfield)?
If you're not familiar with all the trails i can hook you up with someone to give you a good tour through there.

·
Registered
890 Posts
What are you doing!?! Dont you know that the official line is there are no Palgrave trails? I'll have your Stonecutter number sir, this will be taken up with the high council!

Ps. nice job on the map!
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
broadwayline...
do you think you can do the same for dufferin forest (mansfield)?
If you're not familiar with all the trails i can hook you up with someone to give you a good tour through there.
Yo Ralph!

Sure can, just need someone to show me the trails / take me on a tour and I can make the entire place the same way for you guys!

·
Registered
119 Posts
What are the trails like? Any technical sections? Speed runs with turns?

Likely going up Saturday morning before boys night in Caledon.

Thanks for the map.

·
likes to rides bikes
188 Posts
What are the trails like? Any technical sections? Speed runs with turns?
Stopped there a couple weekends ago on our way home from Buckwallow/Bracebridge. Trails are smooth & firm & fast & hilly but sandy in spots, not a lot of tight turns compared to Woodstock or Turkey Point but very similar single-track. Zero technical riding, instead they are potentially very fast trails if you have the right bike (we were all riding 30-to-35 pound rock crushing trail machines, lol, not the right bikes!).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Stopped there a couple weekends ago on our way home from Buckwallow/Bracebridge. Trails are smooth & firm & fast & hilly but sandy in spots, not a lot of tight turns compared to Woodstock or Turkey Point but very similar single-track. Zero technical riding, instead they are potentially very fast trails if you have the right bike (we were all riding 30-to-35 pound rock crushing trail machines, lol, not the right bikes!).
Thanks for the heads up. Albion is somewhat the same, no?

What spots within an hour of Toronto are a goo ride? I'm used to the compact action of The Don trails but am up for something a little more spaced out as long as there is a good mix.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Albion is somewhat the same, no?

What spots within an hour of Toronto are a goo ride? I'm used to the compact action of The Don trails but am up for something a little more spaced out as long as there is a good mix.
You might enjoy Hilton Falls closer to Waterloo area. I think amongst the most technical if not the most technical south of Barrie in GTA. Its not as fast as Albion but I enjoy Hilton Falls the most in the GTA.

If you want fast and technical I think Copeland Forest outside of Barrie would be your best, closest bet.

IMO the Don really is a warm up run compared to these other trails. But the Don is unique with its cliff-faced riding in the middle of a City!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts