Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In getting ready for the upcoming race season I decided to have my noleen mega air professionally overhauled. As far as I know nobody else still services noleen suspension products, but even if there was someone else they couldn't touch Noleen/J6 (www.noleenshockservice.com). It did take 4-5 weeks for the fork to get back to me, but after taking it out of the box I realized that it was worth the wait. I haven't opened it up yet so i don't know exactly what was done other than what i can tell from the exterior. New seals, bushings and o-rings are the standard fare with their rebuilds, but one look at the stanchions and it's clear that they have been polished to perfection. As far as i'm concerned the poor factory machining on the stanchions (there were horizontal ridges left from the machining process) was half of the stiction problem as the seals had a hard time keeping the dirt out. Not any more. To call the fork buttery smooth is like calling sex reproduction. Bottom line, the $100 or so dollars spent on the rebuild was money I would happily spend again, and to everyone at Noleen/J6, you guys kick some serious ass.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.