Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Should be by now. Earlier trips sounded good. Loop up around Two Little lakes and let us know how it was.

Don't get carried off by the mosquitoes!

Chik Tie back down is one of my all time favorites....

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
Borneo said:
Should be by now. Earlier trips sounded good. Loop up around Two Little lakes and let us know how it was.

Don't get carried off by the mosquitoes!

Chik Tie back down is one of my all time favorites....
As of last friday (7/13), the seasonal closures were still in effect. Haven't called yet this week though.

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
Borneo said:
Uh, the seasonal closure is off on 7/15 so this weekend should be fine. :thumbsup:
Check the fine print. It's a 'seasonal' closure, it doesn't automatically lift on 7/15, it lifts when they decide the trails are dry enough (though WTA wants it extended later in the year to allow hikers a moto free hiking experience). As of last Friday, all they would say is that it for sure wouldn't open until at least the 15th, but they wouldn't even commit to that. Same with the USFS ranger we talked with on Sunday - the 15th.

Haven't checked the website this week or called them, I'd sure hope it's either open now or open by the weekend though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
4 weekends ago I did chiwawa, to chikimin, minnow loop. On a weekday. All alone and no dust kick up, which could be very bad on the weekend. Mosquitoes were bad. Plan on big hot conditions. Cheers from Plain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.