Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
UF Engineering Slave
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a horrible experience with Mack Cycles, and wanted to share it with everyone in hopes that no one else will get screwed by these guys.

about 11 months after I bought a Stumpjumper from Mack the rear shock started leaking air badly. I figured it was a typical maintenance item and expected to pay about $30 to have them fix it, and get the bike back in a day or two.

I asked them if it was under warranty, they said yes. They said they would send it into fox to be rebuilt because they could not fix it in house. They said it would take 8-10 days. 10 days later I called them and they told me it WASN'T under warranty, and that they hadn't done ANYTHING to fix the shock. At this point I had already missed 2 weeks of training and a race. They said they would order a seal kit and repair it in house (and charge me for it), something they claimed they couldn't do when I first brought the shock in. Two more weeks go by, and they still haven't gotten the seal kit in. By now I had missed 4 weeks of training and 2 races. I gave up, told them to give me back the shock, drove it down to another shop were their awesome staff fixed it WITHIN THE HOUR!!! The other shop did in one hour what Mack cycle couldn't do in a month! :madman:

·
UF Engineering Slave
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fastmx: the good shop was Elite Cycle. I've been extremely impressed with their service, but unfortunately they don't carry many mtb's (only 2 santa cruises and one Bianci on the floor)

FF: Most shops in south Florida seem to be mostly road/hybrid, but this place caries more mountain bikes than any other shop I've seen down here, so I figured they would be competent.

·
Banned
136 Posts
I just bought a Jamis Parker from Bells bicycles in north miami (its close to Oletas). at least 75% of their bikes were MTB. can't say anything about their customer service yet cause I just walked in and bought it but they do seem to cater to the mtb crowd.

·
Don't Stop Spinnin'!
659 Posts
ive only walked into mack cycles once, and walked right out once I saw their prices.

I always do most of the work in my garage... but if it exceeds my mechanic skills, then I visit Active Cycles on sheridan and flamingo... they have pretty good mechanics.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
for a seal kit it really doesn't matter, just need someone who can call up Fox for warranty stuff, you can replace the seals easily yourself. If you feel like spending a bit, send it to PUSH for cleanup and tuning. :thumbsup:

·
jcard14
154 Posts
IMHO...Bike Tech on Bird Rd and 72nd Ave is the best LBS for mtn bikers in the Miami area...They also have a shop at Coral Way and 22nd Ave. They have good techs and treat you fairly, which is all you need in a lbs.

·
Weapon of Choice
801 Posts
Went to Mack cycles once and would have bought a bike from them, but due to shady sales tactics by one of the sales personnel; took my business elsewhere. Wouldn't refer that place period.

·
Registered
105 Posts
jcard14 said:
IMHO...Bike Tech on Bird Rd and 72nd Ave is the best LBS for mtn bikers in the Miami area...They also have a shop at Coral Way and 22nd Ave. They have good techs and treat you fairly, which is all you need in a lbs.
With all due respect, You're crazy about that place. That's like the absolute last place any of my bikes will wind up.

·
jcard14
154 Posts
gonzoy5 said:
With all due respect, You're crazy about that place. That's like the absolute last place any of my bikes will wind up.
I'd be interested to know why you think this way...I have never had a problem there, nor have any of those who I have referred there. Obviously, no LBS is perfect and can have a mutually bad expereice with a customer, I was just wondering what happened to you? And no, I don't work there or do I own the place. I just like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.