Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the press fit bb install?
I've found that the drive side cup is not flush against the frame and am not sure what to do about it? Should I or the lbs that installed it nip it up with a press? The sram book did warn about pressing both cups together and I'm not sure how tight it might be if it has lock tight in there too...

Attachments

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
I've never had an issue with the cups pressing up against each other inside the frame. I'd look inside just to be sure nothing is misaligned/crooked and if it looks OK then I'd try pressing it flush. Also make sure there's nothing outside the cup (between the cup and BB shell) that could be interfering wit the press fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My drive side cup keeps getting loose all the time. Should i remove it and reassamble everything with a good amount of loctite? I'm afraid of wearing out my bb shell... Any ideas?

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
I think the Next SL cranks actually use a 30mm spindle and proprietary BB for PF92 BB shells.
I think you are right. Hopefully I can get a couple years out of my current BB and Hope has an option for me.

OTOH - my current BB has been quiet and trouble free so putting in another one is isn't a horrible thought to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts