Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for my first ride and noticed this. It seems way too close, zero tolerance. Am I missing something here? When I tighten the rear axle all the way it leaves almost zero room between the cassette and the frame. Followed Mr. Stans directions to the T when changing axles. Wtf ?? Can someone help?????

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm not sure about your issue, but generally it is pretty damn close and mine has left some deep rub marks, i adjusted the derailleur and stopped using that cog
If that's the case I'm gonna sell this POS and get something else.
Ok now that I've calmed down can anyone recommend a hub that offers more clearance? Does one exist?

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Official response:

Actually, it is a state of the art solution that has been amended all at the factory production level and fortunately can also be added later on. The parts are precision CNC machined and fit the dropout perfectly. In an effort to design the Mach 6 with short chainstays, great stiffness and great heel clearance, this area was reduced to the minimum spec. However, with different hubs/cassette bodies having different tolerances, combined with variance in paint thickness and even tolerance differences in the chains, we have experienced this issue with certain combinations. In an effort to account for every combination in the market place, we made this small running change to the frame design. If you have a Mach 6 running SRAM 1 X 11 and have a clearance issue with your frame, we (Pivot) are taking care of this free of charge. You just need to contact Pivot or your local dealer and we will work with you to figure out the best way to handle the update.

This is directly from Chris C.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.