Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bad reputation
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to hear a slight creaking on my new (3 rides) M6 when I stand and pedal uphill. I used the Blue Lok-Tite supplied with the frame when I pressed in the BB. I'm not positive it's the BB, but I torqued the Crankset per spec and if it's not the BB what might it be? I have to assume all the bearings & pivots are fine, given the age of the bike.
Appreciate suggestions and wondering if anybody else has experienced this on their M6. (One of my few complaints thus far is the press-in BB, not as user-friendly as my Bronson's BB was.)

Attachments

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Also check the rear der. I've seen a few clutch type ders develop creaking due to the nature of the added tension (more pulling force). Some riders have had creaks from the der/hanger junction....

·
bad reputation
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, bikeco put some Teflon shims on my m6 clevis joint and it solved the creaking problems you're describing. Big thumbs up to bikeco!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Can you send a link to the post where this is discussed? I've been searching and reading lots if suggestions. Thought it might be better, but still totally creaking or croaking during tonight's ride.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
4,130 Posts
Also check the rear der. I've seen a few clutch type ders develop creaking due to the nature of the added tension (more pulling force). Some riders have had creaks from the der/hanger junction....
I think mine is creaking. Also lube the thru axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you are running the XD driver for 1 X 11 check the freehub/casette interface. You need to lube this quite often as it will begin to creak when dry. I always go there first. Cheers.
That is a very good idea, but I have spent alot of time isolating this creak to the yolk/rear shock interface. Basically if you have this creak just loosten the bolt and it will go away.

I have not experienced the casette creak yet or the "clutch" creak/clunk which you can read about on the Sram thread i think its a sticky.. however this is a different creak that the Pivatol figure said increase from 15nm to 25nm. Not sure if thats gonna do it cause Ive increased and decreased the torque and its still there. It only goes away if u really loosen it up so nothing is rubbing or making contact

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 429C with XX1 developed a loud creak under load after a few months. It turned out to be the rear derailleur. I've been hosing it down with silicone spray the last few rides and now it's mostly quiet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.