Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with the rear brake hose routing running it through the guides between the shock mount on the Mach 5?

My XT rear brake has started rubbing inconsistently and i've traced it back to the hose developing a bit of a kink in it and rubbing against the left plate of the rear shock mount. The movement of the rear suspension seems to try and move the hose more than the guides will allow it to move. It's a small size frame and the hose is routed correctly and the correct length.

I've solved it by attaching it to the side of the left plate with a cable tie. Doing this has helped keep the line straighter and the rubbing seems to have subsided.

So has anyone else had any problems like this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I didn't have that problem specifically, but noticed that my brake hose was rubbing the side of the shock, scuffing the sticker. All the slack in the brake line was wanting to go up front by the lever, so I removed two of the hose clips and replaced them with cable ties instead. I just fixed a bump up in the hose where it goes by the shock to give it slack for the suspension. You can also take a little piece of tube, and zip that in with the cable tie to help keep the cable from shifting.

I tried routing the cable inside of the rear shock mount, but didn't like how it was routed, or how the hose was bending, so I moved it back outside the shock mount...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.