Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I need to go demo a "large" but no one locally has one in stock. So I'm curious if anyone with my measurements rides a large.

I'm 5' 7" inseam ~30.5inch

I've ridden the medium, it fits just fine with plenty of clearance with 150mm dropper post. If you do the math 170mm cranks + 457.2mm Seattube +150mm Dropper = 777.2 =30.6inch...means it might be super closer w/ pedal offset.

I'm considering getting a "large." Anyone out there riding a large w/ my size?

·
Paterfamilias
787 Posts
I don't think you would be able to fit the 150 dropper, unless it is not a FOX dropper...

·
Freezer
606 Posts
I wouldn't consider a large if I were you. I'm 5-10" and had a Large 5.5 until just recently. The longer I had it, the more convinced I became that I'd have had more fun on a Medium. Sold it for reasons other than the fit, but that was part of it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just a reminder that no 150mm dropper is actually 150mm long (collar plus seat clamp), and you have to add a saddle on top of that. My 170mm OneUp (one of the shortest posts out there) is 205mm if you shove it all the way in, and my saddle adds another 32mm to that.

I'm a similar height to you - slightly taller - and I ride a medium. Never felt a need for a bigger bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm 5'8" (closer to 5'9") with a 32" inseam. I ride a medium and it's just about perfect. My only "gripe" is that the shop cut the steerer tube a few MM's shorter than I would have preferred. I didn't really notice until I swapped stem / bars.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.