Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How frequently should i be getting the bearings and seals inspected/replaced on my bike? This is my third season on it, and I haven't had anything checked out yet. Thanks! Also, how much might I expect to pay for the service?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How frequently should i be getting the bearings and seals inspected/replaced on my bike? This is my third season on it, and I haven't had anything checked out yet. Thanks! Also, how much might I expect to pay for the service?
One additional thing, I ride in fairly dry and at times very dusty conditions in Colorado. I also have done the LT100 twice on it as well as a dusty and dry Laramie Enduro. Little rain/mud riding.

·
change is good
3,223 Posts
Does it creak? If not disconnect the rear shock and cycle the rear triangle through it's travel and feel for friction and/or grinding. The best way of course is a tear down. If you wait too long a bearing can freeze in place. Be careful of the LBS you take it to. I have had issues in the past with the same approach works with all bikes attitude. All the new suspension designs require different torque specs, locktite, grease, etc. Personally with my own bikes, I'm going to perform anal middle of the winter rebuilds myself - ohh, that sounds kinky. I don't think Pivots are the best wet weather bikes for bearing life, but my 429 in not even close to being the worse in my experience. My best experience with bearings - Venatana. Who needs freakin bushings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts