Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to purchase a Mach 429, but it seems I'm right in between Pivot's recommendation for frame sizes. I'm just over 6 feet, weigh 245, and have a 31" inseam... so, I'm a "long body" with an athletic build...(i.e. I'm top-heavy). My dealer is telling me that the Medium frame would probably be fine, but after a hundred endos on my 26er, I want to make sure I get this right.,, especially considering the cost of the bike.

This weekend I've been riding the 429 medium prototype (loaner), and I love it. Unfortunately the dealer has no large frames for me to compare.

So, if anyone out there is a Mach 429 rider with the same body type as me, can you please share your thoughts/experiences with the medium vs. large frame?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Are you talkin to me?
34 Posts
Mines a Medium

I'm 6'-0" not quite your weight but my medium is just right. I rode a large and it was a little too large for me. My inseam is 32".
Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I ride a Titus Moto-Lite Large and demo'd a Pivot 429 Large. The fit felt pretty much identical between the two to me (technically the 429 is 1/20th of an inch shorter on the top tube, but I couldn't tell). I ride my ML with a 120mm stem. Really good fit for me, 6'0" 33.25 flat-foot measured inseam.

·
Dog is my co-pilot
79 Posts
I have a 33.75" inseam and very long arms for 6' and i decided to try a medium for a slightly shorter wheelbase for cc racing in new england.I am using a setback seat post and a 130mm stem and the fit is identical to my large frame bikes but the handling in the tight stuff is much more 26" like than any 29er ive ridden before yet i still have that secure feeling on fast descents that comes with having big wheels. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm 6-0" & have about a 32-1/2" inseam. I ride a medium and it's perfect. No front end wander during climbs and handles great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts