Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Mach 4 - sweet bike! I was stoked to see a spot for a bottle cage inside the triangle but my standard metal and plastic (Profile) cages are a bit too long and my shorter (insulated bottles) are too tall even without the cage.

Will a side mount cage work better? (I have an Elite Cannibal and a Blackburn Wayside in my amazon cart)

I've also found a 12 oz insulated Polar bottle - seems like there is nothing in the 16-18oz size.

I'd really like to find a stainless that would fit but I think that's going to be a pipe dream!

(I won't use a Camelbak on shorter rides and rear holders eject bottles on our terrain)

Thanks! :cool:

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got one of these wolf tooth b-rad bottle shift for my full suspension bike as the rear shock was in the way of my water bottle. Perfect fit and you should be able to use your existing bottle cage.

That's pretty innovative! Have you tried two water bottles? (or is that just crazy haha!)

No issues hitting while pedaling?

· Registered
10 Posts
That's pretty innovative! Have you tried two water bottles? (or is that just crazy haha!)

No issues hitting while pedaling?
I haven't tried two bottles but I'm sure you can add one or a portable pump!

I ride flat pedals and this makes no contact with pedaling. Im right handed and have my B-rad shifted to the right (drive side) so I can also easily grab my bottle (camelbak 22oz podium) as I ride too. Great product from wolf tooth!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Pivot is actually sending me some sort of spacer. If that doesn't work I think I'm going to try that B-Rad.

I like the idea of Fidlock but I've gotten kind of attached to insulated bottles on hot days :)

I'll update when I figure it out

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pivot sent the spacer but it turns out I had the same thing on the bike already. So I ordered the B-Rad - works GREAT! I can put my insulated bottle on it even with the crazy cap. I still have to get it lower or put something on the paint so it doesn't rub. Thanks for the suggestion :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.