GeoMan
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
192 Posts
eTrex ?

From Garmin's site:

>>Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger" users will now be able to download information directly from their Forerunner or Edge fitness device to the Garmin Training Center software. <<

It doesn't mention those of us who use an eTrex Vista cx. Hopefully it will work across the whole line, anyone know? It seems motionbased is not compatible with eTrex. Thanks Geoman and please keep us updated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Still learnin'

GEOMAN said:
BTW, I expect MB is compatible with the eTrex lineup. What have you tried?
Yes, it is, I just checked the MB site. I've only had my eTrex Vista cx a month and I'm still figuring things out. I tried to load some GPS data on to Motion Based and it wouldn't load. Probably operator error. I was thinking at the time it was a Mac issue though. I'l try again. I've got NG Topo! and have been using that.

My wonderful wife gave me the eTrex for my B-day. I do a lot of off the beaten path backcountry riding (So. CO) and the GPS will be a great tool to have. Now I just have to get proficient with it.

·
GeoMan
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rocky rode said:
Yes, it is, I just checked the MB site. I've only had my eTrex Vista cx a month and I'm still figuring things out. I tried to load some GPS data on to Motion Based and it wouldn't load. Probably operator error. I was thinking at the time it was a Mac issue though. I'l try again. I've got NG Topo! and have been using that.

My wonderful wife gave me the eTrex for my B-day. I do a lot of off the beaten path backcountry riding (So. CO) and the GPS will be a great tool to have. Now I just have to get proficient with it.
I have heard nothing but good reports on the eTrex. Let us know how you like it.

BTW, great wife!

·
1,312 Posts
Maybe not the best place for this...

Sorry that this is off-topic but just wanted to say "thanks" Geo-man. Ordered a Dinotte light from you and you were great to deal with. Answered back quickly, did better by 5 bucks on a price match and then did five better when I actually ordered - because he saw it somewhere else for less. Shipped it out quickly as well.

Just thought it was worth it to post about the good service.

Thanks again,
Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
if they're distributing the cd at macworld now [as they in fact are], wonder why they won't allow us to dl it for three more weeks [trip to San Francisco would be enjoyble but expensive!]......certainly garmin's servers could handle the traffic.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
if they're distributing the cd at macworld now [as they in fact are], wonder why they won't allow us to dl it for three more weeks [trip to San Francisco would be enjoyble but expensive!]......certainly garmin's servers could handle the traffic.....:madman:

·
GeoMan
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CDtofer said:
Sorry that this is off-topic but just wanted to say "thanks" Geo-man. Ordered a Dinotte light from you and you were great to deal with. Answered back quickly, did better by 5 bucks on a price match and then did five better when I actually ordered - because he saw it somewhere else for less. Shipped it out quickly as well.

Just thought it was worth it to post about the good service.

Thanks again,
Chris
:)

What can I say except thanks to all of our loyal customers/friends.

Appreciate the words of support, Chris. We try hard to impress.

·
GeoMan
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
homebody146 said:
if they're distributing the cd at macworld now [as they in fact are], wonder why they won't allow us to dl it for three more weeks [trip to San Francisco would be enjoyble but expensive!]......certainly garmin's servers could handle the traffic.....:madman:
Interesting, Apple posts Job's keynote address the moment it's complete. The iPhone was available to order within minutes of his speech. Now, there's a computer technology driven company at work.

Don't know what makes Garmin tick except perhaps that all their web techies are in San Francisco and there's nobody to update the site and post the download...

Patience! Patience! (I have to keep telling myself that too!).

·
Natural body armor
2,170 Posts
GEOMAN said:
Interesting, Apple posts Job's keynote address the moment it's complete. The iPhone was available to order within minutes of his speech. Now, there's a computer technology driven company at work.

Don't know what makes Garmin tick except perhaps that all their web techies are in San Francisco and there's nobody to update the site and post the download...

Patience! Patience! (I have to keep telling myself that too!).
Would be nice if somebody so lucky to go attend MacWorld could post a link to download it. Apparently it is only 30 megs. Not to difficult to make a torrent or post it on somebody .Mac public area.... 3 more weeks to wait before download is ludicrous. :skep:
ZT

·
GeoMan
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been playing around with the Mac version for an hour or two.

I'm glad to have it!

At first glance, I expect Motionbased users will be underwhelmed. The Garmin to Mac USB interface seems to be the best part knowing that all the other Garmin firmware updates and map programs will be Mac-ready soon.

Let's hear some feedback!

·
Natural body armor
2,170 Posts
GEOMAN said:
I've been playing around with the Mac version for an hour or two.

I'm glad to have it!

At first glance, I expect Motionbased users will be underwhelmed. The Garmin to Mac USB interface seems to be the best part knowing that all the other Garmin firmware updates and map programs will be Mac-ready soon.

Let's hear some feedback!
There seem to be several features missing from the PC version, and considering how long we waited (one year just now from the first announcement) I have to say I am disappointed.
The charts are a little useless if you can't browse the data with a cursor or analyze specific sections.

First look is not bad, but I know I want more.... soon. :arf:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.