Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of a 2 week trip starting next week I will be travelling from the Black Hills, up Hwy 85 take a right on I 94, to the in-laws place south of Minot. Since I will going right by Medora I thought I should stop off for a quick ride on this trail. Is there a good section 15 -20 miles that I could do as an out and back or loop? Is there something close to 94?
I am leaving Monday am 7/19 and would really appreciate any input someone might have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
NE trails

I would ride Lewis in Clark trails in Council Bluffs IA. Best trails in the area IMHO. Only five miles in length but If you still have gas after a couple laps. go east or west because there isn't anything in the midwest that is going to do you in. Just off HWY 29. Have fun.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Yes. All you have to do it hit up the MDH itself, ride as far as you're comfortable with, and turn around. I don't think you'll be dissapointed starting off in Medora. There's a trail head outside of town(past the campground) on your left. Ride that as far as you like.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I rode Lewis and Clark on the way home

Puckemall said:
I would ride Lewis in Clark trails in Council Bluffs IA. Best trails in the area IMHO. Only five miles in length but If you still have gas after a couple laps. go east or west because there isn't anything in the midwest that is going to do you in. Just off HWY 29. Have fun.
This is spooky. I never got your reply before I took off on my trip. For some reason we picked Council Bluffs as a good place to stop on the way home from North Dakota to Missouri. As we got close to Council Bluffs I called the local bike shop looking for a good trail to ride in the area. They suggested the Lewis and Clark trail underneath the monument. My wife slept in the next morning so I went for a ride on the trail. I agree, it's a good one. What are the odds that I would have stopped by to ride thr trail you suggested on the way home, I never heard of it before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts