Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The geo numbers listed on Intense's site are a bit confusing, and it seems incomplete.

The wheelbase shows a range, which I assume is the range when the droputs are repositioned.

The head angle states 64 then +/- in .5 deg increments

And there is only 1 number listed for BB height.

My questions: adjusting the CC angle set headset will also change the wheelbase. With each .5 deg of change in the headset how much will it effect the wheelbase? The base 64 deg headangle is achieved at which dropout setting? How much does each dropout setting change the head angle, as obviously the different positions listed are only accounted for from headset adjustments? Also, dont the droput adjustments effect the BB height? If so, which position is the 13.75 measurement taken from, and how much does each dropout position change the BB height?

I dont expect to see all the combos from all the different positions listed (i.e. with 3 diff dropout adjustments and 3 diff headset settings that is theoretically 9 diff head angles possible), but it would be helpful if they listed the change you get with each adjustment and how if effects each number so we could then make the calculation ourselves.

·
Registered
12 Posts
IntenseMack10 said:
The geo numbers listed on Intense's site are a bit confusing, and it seems incomplete.

The wheelbase shows a range, which I assume is the range when the droputs are repositioned.

The head angle states 64 then +/- in .5 deg increments

And there is only 1 number listed for BB height.

My questions: adjusting the CC angle set headset will also change the wheelbase. With each .5 deg of change in the headset how much will it effect the wheelbase? The base 64 deg headangle is achieved at which dropout setting? How much does each dropout setting change the head angle, as obviously the different positions listed are only accounted for from headset adjustments? Also, dont the droput adjustments effect the BB height? If so, which position is the 13.75 measurement taken from, and how much does each dropout position change the BB height?

I dont expect to see all the combos from all the different positions listed (i.e. with 3 diff dropout adjustments and 3 diff headset settings that is theoretically 9 diff head angles possible), but it would be helpful if they listed the change you get with each adjustment and how if effects each number so we could then make the calculation ourselves.
Just dowload the M9 owner's manual from the Intense web site, there is a section on the Geo which has the information on BB height range you are looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.