Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pwning Trails
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been doing some research on this XT m775 rear hub as I'm looking to put it into a new wheelset. Unfortunately haven't found a ton of reviews or usage remarks while searching the forums. Any experiences on this hub? Comments? Thanks a bunch!

·
EDR
10,441 Posts
For a $70 hub, not sure you can do any better. That being said...I've had two FH bodies fail on XT hubs and will not bother running them ever again. You'll hear from people on both sides of the xt hub fence for sure.

All I can say is that they didn't hold up at all to my riding, much of which is very technical rocky uphills where you stand and apply lots of torque to the rear hub to get up and over ledges and boulders. For xc riding they seem to be a no brainer in that price range, for gnarlier riding I think you just take your chances that the FH will hold up.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
The M775 have the new high engagement FH bodies, there were some early reports of failures on these (on the XT wheelset) but they have since been fixed to my understanding.

They are tops on my list for hubs whenever my cheap Yuck Fou (Quando) hubs fail...of course they're centerlock but there are good adapters out there for six bolt these days.

·
EDR
10,441 Posts
phlite said:
Ya, heard about a few reports of failures. Made me slightly wary, but maybe due to them being brand new? Hopefully they've ironed out the wrinkles.
Well to be fair, my xt hubs were the older ones with 16pt engagement, not the new ones. If you have read of failures with the FH on the new ones...then I guess nothing has really changed. Still, lots of folks use them with no complaints, I'm just not one of them, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.