Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I'm sure it wasn't the only change, but I believe they redesigned the spider for the large cogs between those two versions. XT cassettes used to be prone to bending the largest cogs especially on the 34t version but the M770 no longer had that problem

·
certified mtb addict
163 Posts
Two differences I noticed when putting on a 770 compared to my last few 760s. 770 has a slightly different lockring (a little lighter I think) and also has small studs on the spider pointing in towards the spokes (I think this is to catch the chain and save the spokes from being shredded if the chain goes off the top of the cassette and you don't have a plastic protector installed between the wheel and the cassette).

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Two differences I noticed when putting on a 770 compared to my last few 760s. 770 has a slightly different lockring (a little lighter I think) and also has small studs on the spider pointing in towards the spokes (I think this is to catch the chain and save the spokes from being shredded if the chain goes off the top of the cassette and you don't have a plastic protector installed between the wheel and the cassette).
^ +1. 760 has a steel lockring VS aluminum on the 770.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.