Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... does such a thing exist? I googled it and came up with nothing.

I have an M755 4 pot XT caliper that has almost no rotor clearence, and I figured it was due to old seals not letting the pads fully retract.

Or, does any body have any other solutions to this problem? I've been messing with 0.2mm shims all day long, and can get the rub to go away for anything more than short periods of time. I did the usual things, such as double-check the front hub fully in the dropouts, check the QR, push the pads back in, check hub play, run asymmetrical shim stacks, etc. Nothing seems to make it run free all the time. And the rotor is dead on ballz true.

I'm stuck. I'm about two inches away from buying a new set of hydraulic disc brakes, but I'm broke and can't afford anything decent.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
have you checked if the system is overfilled??

To do so, put the levers parallel to the ground and open the reservoir, and then push the pistons back in (better remove the pads, since some mineral oil might overflow from the reservoir)

I hope this helps,
Cris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.