Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a Cannondale rush that is too large for me. I like the full suspension but have been wanting something that climbs better and fits me.

Local guy has a m4 comp frame with headset he will sell me for a very good price. I know the ht 29er is all the rage right now but I simply can't afford to make an "upgrade" right now. So I thought about swapping my fox 120mm fork and components over to this m4 comp frame.

My question- How are these frames? Reviews seem REALLY good on these bikes back in 2003. How do they stack up to today's (if they exist anymore) 26er HT frames?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had a 2006 M4 Stumpjumper 26 hardtail built to about 21 1/2 pounds and loved it. But i could only ride it for about 45 minutes and I was dead tired and beat to death. Now I ride 22-23 lb 29er SJ M5 hardtails and can ride 4 hours and not be beat to death.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It is sort of interesting because using a 26er for me was really fun- but then as I got to know other bikers and began riding with them- well, they rode for a couple hours or so. That's when I basically decided I needed more plush so I initially got a 26 inch Epic and then went to the Stumpjumper 29ers. But if I was just riding an hour or so and wasn't trying to "keep up" with other riders? That 26er sure was fun ya know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.