Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on building an M3 this spring and find myself on the fence as to what color I should go with. I know, not the most interesting, technical or important thing to worry about, but I just thought I would throw it out there and see what you folks think.

Colors I am leaning towards:

Stealth Black/gloss black as well
Pearl White
Red
Green

I have 888 with white lowers that I will be using on the bike.

Any other suggestions/favorites would be great as well.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
I love white bikes and it would looks sweet with the set up you mentioned, but I HATE the cable rub! My java 6.6 is getting killed!
I wish Intense did anodized colors. I think that upgrade is worth the price increase.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SuperKat said:
I love white bikes and it would looks sweet with the set up you mentioned, but I HATE the cable rub! My java 6.6 is getting killed!
I wish Intense did anodized colors. I think that upgrade is worth the price increase.
3M makes some nice clear tape that will help prevent the cable rub. I use it on my other bike.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
jimi1114 said:
I am planning on building an M3 this spring and find myself on the fence as to what color I should go with. I know, not the most interesting, technical or important thing to worry about, but I just thought I would throw it out there and see what you folks think.

Colors I am leaning towards:

Stealth Black/gloss black as well
Pearl White
Red
Green

I have 888 with white lowers that I will be using on the bike.

Any other suggestions/favorites would be great as well.
if you're going with black i'd get stealth. gloss has a way of looking cobby and buffed out pretty quickly. white and BRG are beautiful. i'd say no to red.

·
1,247 Posts
SuperKat said:
I changed my cable routing to route on the downtube (6.6), and it works beautifully.
No cable rub of any sort, and I used this cable separate thingy (that specialized uses on their enduros , and i think i saw the IBike Socoms with the THE brand version), to have the brake and shifter cables bend in sync. very nice.

·
Penny's my cow-cat
303 Posts
I'd like to see that.

Hey U-one, if you have some time take a few pics. I was thinking of re-routing my cables over the winter while I have some time on my hands. :cool:

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,045 Posts
iRider said:
Is there any other color than INTENSE red for an Intense frame intended to be raced?
Good ole Intense red, the color that Intense is known for. It just screams Intense. Why buy a green Ferrari? I like most of all the other colors Intense has recently introduced, but in my eyes they don't do the name Intense justice.:madmax: Red..........

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
iRider said:
Pre 06 M3 maybe? ;)
Ah...thank you. I just started researching M3s. So 06 and later were 83? Good to know. Thank you!

Are there any other year-to-year changes on the M3? Sorry for going off topic, but if I buy a new one, it'll be sparkle silver to match my UZZI VPX, 5.5, and UZZI SLX (now girlfriend bike).

Is there an M3 photo album thread? I tried searching, but I didn't find anything?

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
CoyoteRun said:
That's good. Thank you. :thumbsup:
The search criteria I used didn't come up with anything. I remembered seeing a couple of these before, but I was searching for "photo albums" and a couple of the other wrong variables :madman: like the other Intense picture threads.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked...my curiosity is going to get expensive really soon!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.