Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used 2003 M1.
The swing link looks to have 3 positions to mount the shock.
The frame looks like it may have 2 positions to mount the link.
Can anyone fill me in.
Thanks in advance.
TracerJohn

·
Registered
703 Posts
The link has 2 positions, the bottom hole doesn't have thread in it. The coil on the 5ht is to thick to use the lowest position, I always run it in the middle position.

Afs for the main frame, that has 2 positions for the link, I usually run the lowest position, although I have heard that the top is beter when using the short chainstay position

·
Registered
92 Posts
You have some range of adjustment on the M1

The middle link that connects to the mainframe. It has 2 different threaded holes (in the mainframe). There's the top mount and middle mount. On the shock linkage there's the 2 mounts (top and middle) and on the rear of the bike there's 2 holes in the lower chainstays. Basicly if you run everything in the upper holes shock linkage wise you'll create a more progressive setup. If everything is ran in the middle then it's their "normal" setting. I've always kept things in the middle settings and have liked them.

On the rear there if you want a shorter wheelbase by a tad you can run the upper stay's in the holes that would obviously give you a shorter chainstay. If you wanted to run the regular setting there's nothing wrong with that as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.