Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find a manual for an '01 M1? I'm surprised that Intense doesn't support older year models on their website.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M1 Setup Manual

yogreg said:
I have one. Any specific info you looking for?
Greg
I pretty much need the works. The shock mounting/swingarm holes are a mystery. Do you have a PDF copy of the manual? ....or can you send me a copy? I'll pay for your cost(s).

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Mudd said:
I pretty much need the works. The shock mounting/swingarm holes are a mystery. Do you have a PDF copy of the manual? ....or can you send me a copy? I'll pay for your cost(s).
i only have the one copy that came with my frame. I can e-mail the info for you.

send me your address and I will be happy to copy the info for you. Just note that the manual is very basic.

greg

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M1 Setup Manual

yogreg said:
i only have the one copy that came with my frame. I can e-mail the info for you.

send me your address and I will be happy to copy the info for you. Just note that the manual is very basic.

greg
How many pages? Are you able to FAX it?
Thanks, Mudd

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...is this it?

2003 M-1 SL

SHOCK SET UP:

Please see the Progressive, Romic, or Manitou manual supplied with your frame.

Caution: You will damage your bike and your shock if you under spring your shock or run your air pressure too low. If you bottom out the shock on a consistent basis you are under sprung and will damage the shock and the frame. INTENSE is NOT RESPONSIBLE for damage to the shock.

ADJUSTMENTS:

1. HEAD ANGLE & BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT:

Your frame is shipped with the shock pin of the link plate set in the center hole. This setting is the most often used and all critical angles of the frame dimensions are reflected in this setup. Moving the linkage shaft to the bottom hole will drop the bottom bracket height approx. 1" and slacken the head angle approx. two (2) degrees. This will slow down the steering and effect high-speed handling. Moving the shock pin to the top hole will raise the bottom bracket height approx. 1" and steepen the head angle two (2) degrees, speeding up the steering.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to use lock-tight when re-tightening your bolts after adjustment.

2. SWING LINK @ FRAME MOUNT ADJUSTMENTS:

Your frame is shipped with the swing link in the bottom hole of the two top holes. This location provides the most linear rate of suspension. To create more progressive suspension, move the swing link to the top hole.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to use blue lock-tight when tightening your bolts after adjustment.

3. WHEELBASE ADJUSTMENTS:

Chain stay length is adjustable from 16.75 to 17.25 by changing the FSR link position. Your frame is shipped in the 17.25 position. To shorten wheelbase, use a 6mm allen wrench and move the strut pivot bolt to forward hole. For fast non-technical riding a longer wheelbase is best. For more technical, slower riding use a shorter wheelbase.

4. DISC BRAKE COMPATIBILITY:

All INTENSE frames are manufactured to "Shimano Specifications" for disc brake mounts. You may have fitment issues with non-Shimano standard brake mounts. If using Hayes Brakes with 22mm bolt spacing, you can order an adapter from your local dealer. All international standard adapters must be purchased from their respective brake manufacturers.

MOUNTAIN BIKING IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS SPORT IN, WHICH INJURY CAN OCCUR. INTENSE CYCLES IS IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR ANY BODILY INJURY WHATSOEVER, REGARDLESS OF EQUIPMENT FAILURE.

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER OR RIDER TO INSPECT AND MAKE SURE OF THE WORTHINESS OF HIS OR HER BICYCLE. FAILURES DO HAPPEN. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INSPECT YOUR BIKE.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Mudd said:
2003 M-1 SL

SHOCK SET UP:

Please see the Progressive, Romic, or Manitou manual supplied with your frame.

Caution: You will damage your bike and your shock if you under spring your shock or run your air pressure too low. If you bottom out the shock on a consistent basis you are under sprung and will damage the shock and the frame. INTENSE is NOT RESPONSIBLE for damage to the shock.

ADJUSTMENTS:

1. HEAD ANGLE & BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT:

Your frame is shipped with the shock pin of the link plate set in the center hole. This setting is the most often used and all critical angles of the frame dimensions are reflected in this setup. Moving the linkage shaft to the bottom hole will drop the bottom bracket height approx. 1" and slacken the head angle approx. two (2) degrees. This will slow down the steering and effect high-speed handling. Moving the shock pin to the top hole will raise the bottom bracket height approx. 1" and steepen the head angle two (2) degrees, speeding up the steering.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to use lock-tight when re-tightening your bolts after adjustment.

2. SWING LINK @ FRAME MOUNT ADJUSTMENTS:

Your frame is shipped with the swing link in the bottom hole of the two top holes. This location provides the most linear rate of suspension. To create more progressive suspension, move the swing link to the top hole.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to use blue lock-tight when tightening your bolts after adjustment.

3. WHEELBASE ADJUSTMENTS:

Chain stay length is adjustable from 16.75 to 17.25 by changing the FSR link position. Your frame is shipped in the 17.25 position. To shorten wheelbase, use a 6mm allen wrench and move the strut pivot bolt to forward hole. For fast non-technical riding a longer wheelbase is best. For more technical, slower riding use a shorter wheelbase.

4. DISC BRAKE COMPATIBILITY:

All INTENSE frames are manufactured to "Shimano Specifications" for disc brake mounts. You may have fitment issues with non-Shimano standard brake mounts. If using Hayes Brakes with 22mm bolt spacing, you can order an adapter from your local dealer. All international standard adapters must be purchased from their respective brake manufacturers.

MOUNTAIN BIKING IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS SPORT IN, WHICH INJURY CAN OCCUR. INTENSE CYCLES IS IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR ANY BODILY INJURY WHATSOEVER, REGARDLESS OF EQUIPMENT FAILURE.

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER OR RIDER TO INSPECT AND MAKE SURE OF THE WORTHINESS OF HIS OR HER BICYCLE. FAILURES DO HAPPEN. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INSPECT YOUR BIKE.
word for word. the Intense owners manuals have always left a little to be desired.
greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.