Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend i ride with has broke the rear end of his M1 ( 1998 ish ). He had it upgraded to a team rear end as he broke the original one years ago. Can anyone tell me if you can still buy them? Or is there any other brands that have copied it/ that will fit? Were in the U.K and he is gutted, cheers for any help.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
My friend i ride with has broke the rear end of his M1 ( 1998 ish ). He had it upgraded to a team rear end as he broke the original one years ago. Can anyone tell me if you can still buy them? Or is there any other brands that have copied it/ that will fit? Were in the U.K and he is gutted, cheers for any help.
I doubt it.But you can fit a 2000 and younger Horst-Link rear end to the frame. There were some bikes like this on ebay some time ago. But probably you will have a hard time finding those newer rear ends as well.
I would say he should try the upgrade program from Intense.

·
Registered
160 Posts
don't try welding.
I know of a guy who had a renowned motorbike frame builder fill 2 holes in the head tube that were made for a Foes F1 fork stop. 2 months later the frame cracked under the headtube....
The trouble with the CMP-Azonic-Felt rear ends is that they're also prone to crack. But at least you can ride again if it ever fits.
Look at it the other way: what DH frame lasts 10 years on you before it gives up the ghost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.