Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapping some lyriks onto a new build, I decided to service the lowers in the process. So I do that and put them on the new bike, take it out today for a spin and I see that I have the uppers on the wrong way around. Great wrenching skills eh?:p By wrong way I mean the U-turn is now on my right and the miss control on the left.

Anyhow, the fork seems to work fine as far as winding it down goes with the U-turn etc. Didn't really experiment with the suspension settings. So I was wondering if it does in fact work OK and can be run like that?

Just curious really as to how the forks internals work, I'll switch them round tonight in any case.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
JBone said:
Swapping some lyriks onto a new build, I decided to service the lowers in the process. So I do that and put them on the new bike, take it out today for a spin and I see that I have the uppers on the wrong way around. Great wrenching skills eh?:p By wrong way I mean the U-turn is now on my right and the miss control on the left.

Anyhow, the fork seems to work fine as far as winding it down goes with the U-turn etc. Didn't really experiment with the suspension settings. So I was wondering if it does in fact work OK and can be run like that?

Just curious really as to how the forks internals work, I'll switch them round tonight in any case.
While the fork can obviously work like that, you usually have rake in the crown, and flipping the uppers will through the fork geometry off.

·
299 Posts
I wouldn't ride it like that, at all.

Apart from the fork offset now being to the back instead of the front, I wouldn't risk scratching the inside of the damper leg with the spring that's in it now.
Also, who knows what kind of metal/lube debris can stay in there and that probably won't play nice with the damper oil and seals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.