Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Living the Dream
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for increased small bump sensitivity. I have an MRP air now but I am going to swap it to my XC bike and run it at 120mm. Love the fork but can't get full travel on it and would like a little more small bump performance. Thanks!

·
Dude...
406 Posts
How are you running your MRP air? I have one, and don't have issues getting full travel when I'm supposed to. Local trails in Golden I rarely get full travel, but I also don't expect to. If I head to the bike park, with big drops and jumps, I always get full travel.

How much negative pressure are you running compared to positive? One of the best things about the MRP is the small bump compliance in my opinion.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Buttery smooth, silent, composed and 250gr lighter
I doubt it's that much lighter, but maybe. Published weight for the Lyrik is around 4.5 lbs. (2040g) I believe. Ribbon Coils are generally 4.6 - 4.8 lbs., IIRC, depending on spring, crown, and axle choice. You might be getting close to 250 g if you went QR, 39/41mm offset crown, and x-firm spring. I don't think I've ever weighed one with all the heaviest options.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I doubt it's that much lighter, but maybe. Published weight for the Lyrik is around 4.5 lbs. (2040g) I believe. Ribbon Coils are generally 4.6 - 4.8 lbs., IIRC, depending on spring, crown, and axle choice. You might be getting close to 250 g if you went QR, 39/41mm offset crown, and x-firm spring. I don't think I've ever weighed one with all the heaviest options.
The Ribbon is a great fork for sure. Loved riding mine. But for my riding style, trails and so on I prefer the Lyrik. The guy who rides my Ribbon now, absolutely loves it.

2020 Lyrik Ultimate, 170mm, 29", 42mm, Maxle light, cut steerer was 1970gr
Ribbon was 2220gr 160mm, 29", 51mm, Quick release axle, cut steerer as well. Still very good

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Ribbon is a great fork for sure. Loved riding mine. But for my riding style, trails and so on I prefer the Lyrik. The guy who rides my Ribbon now, absolutely loves it.

2020 Lyrik Ultimate, 170mm, 29", 42mm, Maxle light, cut steerer was 1970gr
Ribbon was 2220gr 160mm, 29", 51mm, Quick release axle, cut steerer as well. Still very good
My Lyrik RC2 42mm (offset) is 1975gr as well. Absolutely love it.
No experience with an MRP coil except a short ride on someone elses bike (same weight and size as me). Can´t tell exactly why, but I didn´t like it very much.
Sensitivity of my Lyrik was at least as good as on the MRP (I´d even say better, but not 100% sure).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.