Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
How old is the fork? I had a problem where oil was leaking out of my damper into the lower leg. Didn't affect rebound but did affect compression. Rock Shox took care of me, sent a whole new fork so if you're still under warranty I'd have your local shop contact them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
Damper needs to be opened and refilled. While you're in there, check for other problems, like the seals.
I am posting for my brother-in-law so excuse the delay. He opened the damper, found oil to be clean, and just shy of the required fill amount, he replaced it any how, and is having the same problem

ScottW said:
How old is the fork? I had a problem where oil was leaking out of my damper into the lower leg. Didn't affect rebound but did affect compression. Rock Shox took care of me, sent a whole new fork so if you're still under warranty I'd have your local shop contact them.
The fork is not very old, however it came on a used bike he purchased from a private seller (not a shop) on ebay, I would like to retract my previous statement about lack of rebound, the rebound is there. Symptoms seem similar to yours, but I don't think the oil is leaking into the lower leg, due to the amount of fluid in the damper when taken apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.