Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new bike which came with a 2019 lyrik RC.

This is the first time stepping up to an 'enduro' level fork. I was a little surprised by the lack of adjustments ... This came with a lsc and rebound adjust, with what seems like no lockout.

I looked at damper upgrades and I understand the rc2 gives HSC (still no lockout) and RCT3 gives predefined compression adjustments again no lockout.

I've noticed the only rockshox forks that seem to carry the RL (lockout) option seem to be the mid to lower end forks. Is that correct or am I missing something?

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Most mid to high end forks forgo the lockout feature for compression adjustments as it is a lower end damper with the LO.

The RL version you are looking at stands for Remote Lockout. Is there any particular reason you are looking for Lockout? Do lots of fireroad climbs or something? With higher end forks you really have no need for the lockout as your suspension should be setup properly which will minimize the amount of pedal bob you receive while pedaling up something like a fireroad.

While the Lyrik RC version is a more base model, it does come with the Charger 2 damper which has the HSC adjustments (8 if I remember correctly) and LSC adjustments (12 if I remember correctly). As you stated, the RCT3 has three HSC compression adjustments (Open - Trail - Closed, where closed really isn't closed just a higher damping characteristic).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just curious since most forks I've ever used has a lockout and I expected the feature to carry over to more expensive models. I'm not looking to move to an rl for for lockout. I do a fair bit of fireroads but switching the monarch to firm seems sufficient for that.

My lyrik does not have the HSC dial. I believe you need the rc2 damper for that, but at least it has the charger2 which seems nice on the trails. Also my understanding of the RCT3 is the 3 position dial affects the lsc, HSC is factory tuned and not adjustable is it not?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are precisely zero reasons why you would ever use a lockout on a bike with a fork that big. If it bobs, turn up your LSC until it stops.
Yes thats what I expected, turn all the way and it effectively stops moving. Except it doesn't. It is much stiffer but certainly not locked out. Compare that to my marzocchi Bomber, and it feels like a hard lock when I adjust lsc all the way to firm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.