Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for anyone qualified to answer. Is there any way at all to reduce the overall axle to crown height of the Lyrik 2 step into the 140-150ish range? I realize that the coil version can be dialed down to that, but I was curious if there are internal spacers that can be manipulated in order to reduce overall maximum travel a bit and still have the quick travel adjust feature. I really like how the larger stanchions feel, and would like to figure out a way to get it to properly fit a 5-5.5" bike.

Ryan

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
madsry said:
Just a quick question for anyone qualified to answer. Is there any way at all to reduce the overall axle to crown height of the Lyrik 2 step into the 140-150ish range? I realize that the coil version can be dialed down to that, but I was curious if there are internal spacers that can be manipulated in order to reduce overall maximum travel a bit and still have the quick travel adjust feature. I really like how the larger stanchions feel, and would like to figure out a way to get it to properly fit a 5-5.5" bike.

Ryan
If the 2 step can't be lowered, you can also consider reversing your stem (if the stem is a positive rise) or getting a stem with a negative rise (if you're running a 90 degree stem)...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The 2 step works off of transfer of fluid from the inside of the fork (from top to bottom), the Lyrik has good axle to crown measurement as is, and if you set it with proper sag you will achieve roughly the same length you are inquiring about. I'm not sure though on the overall decreasing of travel as a set figure. I would guess that's not possible, but you could give SRAM a call and they have excellent tech support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.