Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...on my previous bike, I had a pike 2015 and both the damper and air side used the same black crushwasher on the lowers. Now I have a lyrik and it uses uses a different crushwaher type for the damper side even though it's exactly the same part as the older pike. I do have a bag of hundreds of crushwasher, can I use them on the lyrik ? Top picture is a 2015 pike and bottom one is for the lyrik 2019.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
You can use either with that foot-bolt. The big crush-washers don't get squished out of shape and can be reused many times.

The 8mm crush washers get squished into that groove pretty well and can be hard to remove. That may be the reason they moved to the bigger ones. The bigger were originally used on Boxxers which needed a bigger washer to cover the bigger hole in the casting.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Good question as I also have a bag of many crush washers.

I found when dealing with that wider flatter one it seemed best just to re-use it. Didn't seem to get mangled like the others.

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
The lower kit alone has everything you need, the top fitting is to attach to existing syringes. More suited to a workshop who is using it more and has bulk oil and dedicated syringes already

·
Registered
162 Posts
The larger crush washer allows the bottom damper side bolt to sit off the bottom of the lowers by 1 mm or so to allow enough clearance for the bolt and the rebound dial. I have a 2019 Lyrik and if I use the old style 8mm crush washer I don’t get enough clearance and get a groove mark in my lowers. See attached. You need to reuse the larger crush washer, you cant buy them separately or buy a rebuild or lower bolt kit. Kinda silly.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.