Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heared bad things about the 2008 bushings and some other problems people have had not too sure if it was just problems with the dual air versions or whatev. I have a 09 revelation 140 maxle and wanted a 160 mm for and wanted to try a lyrik.

Anyone had a chance to try a new lyrik.

Any insight would be appreciated.

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
Go For It

...And you'll hear bad things about the 2009, 2010, 2011, etc...:rolleyes:

People will always remember what went wrong and will rarely convey what went right.

Think about the literally thousands of 2008 Lyriks out there with no problems at all.

My 2008 Lyrik SoloAir was one of these.

The Lyrik (no matter what year) is an awesome fork man. You just have to service it regularly and know what to look for if there is a problem.

Not to mention, if something does go wrong (bushings, whatever) SRAM has really good customer service and they'll take care of you regardless.

P.S. I went from a 2008 Lyrik to a 2009 Revelation -> Ha! Opposite of what you're looking into. :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MM!

I just feel the front end is a little too short on my SC blur lt2 and wanted to try something different.

How does the solo air feel compaired to your new dual air revelation?

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
DA vs. SA

Honestly? I like the DualAir a little better.

It's just way more tunable and I'm a total nerd when it comes to suspension tuning.

The bump performance is pretty much the same after the fork starts to compress but you can tune the breakaway/small bump to your preference with the DA system.

One thing I did notice is the Lyrik is waaay stiffer than the Rev. You know, bigger chassis and all...

Lyrik is a bad ass fork. But you'll like the Rev for sure.:thumbsup:

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
ScottW said:
I've got an 09 2 Step that was a warranty replacement for a leaky damping cart. The fork is great, neither Lyrik I've owned had any bushing problems.
Same here, my solo air has been problem free and works flawlessly. The main issue with Lyrik forks was with the 2-step's travel adjust mechanism (RS worked that out by season's end). The 2008 bushing problem was a very well known Marzocchi issue NOT RS!

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Nightmare on Lyrik st. VI
818 Posts
I had 4 Lyriks and all of them had loose bushings out of the box or developed loose bushings after the first ride. It's not in my mind only because Rock Shox replaced the lowers under warranty.

Several other people has reported loose bushings with Lyriks.

But I agree that the problem doesn't seem to be so widespread as it is with Marzocchis.

Edit: Gman, your information about the 2-step is not correct, unfortunately. I got a new 2-step assembly in November and it lost travel in the first miles while I was riding the streets home from the LBS. And in my opinion, the biggest problem with Lyriks is the leaky mission control dampers. You can ride with loose bushings, but not without oil in the damper. And it happens a lot. It happened twice to me from July.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.