1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In terms of:

Plush
Reliability

More valving, more problems, less plush so...
I'd guess the SO would win in both categories but wanted to hear experiences from those who have either fork and have ridden on both.

My Revelation 150 is the most plush air fork I've ever had, and I'm coming from coil forks for the last 4 yrs. Its a great plush fork. The Lyrik must be even being stiffer and 10mm more travel.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Solo air for sure. Took RS 3 years to finally work the bugs out of the 2-step and they still have occasional seal issues. A Solo air with syn motor oil for splash oil is actually every bit as plush as any coil fork I've ever ridden. They are VERY linear unlike any other air fork out there so they really are amazing in the "plush" dept. However, they will blow thru all their travel on big hits so FR use is not recommended. Great fork for AM use tho!

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
I have a 2010 Lyrik 160 coil, a 2012 lyrik solo air, and Rev 150 dual air.

Here's my experience.
The Rev is a fantastic air fork, and functions better than the Lyrik solo air. Small bump is better, yet it doesn't blow through the travel.
The Lyrik solo air is not nearly as plush as the coil version, and tends to dive a lot more. To get the solo air to feel as smooth as the coil, I have to run a low pressure, but then it dives too much and too easily (even with LSC all the way up). So I add air so it won't dive as much and then bump sensitivity goes down. It's still a great fork, but the coil is better, and the weight difference isn't that much.

I would avoid the dual position just because of the history of those forks from 3 years ago. They may be better now though. The fix back then was to remove the air 2-step spring, and replace it with a coil uturn.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I should specify that I switched to the Mission Control DH dampers in my Solo Air which alleviated most of the issues that d-bug had (except blowing thru travel for FR use). Big difference in plushness over the standard version. I'd definitely put mine up against any coil for small bump plushness.

Have FUN!

G MAN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.