Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was messing around with my 2 step Lyric a few days ago. I was playing with the mission control while riding around in front my house also seeing if i could get my 2 step function to work. Long story short i had mission control on and the fork was pretty much locked out, then i put the 2 step to the minium travel and surprise surprise it went down! BUT after that i started getting a clicking sound when ever i would manual or pull the front wheel off the ground. it would go away after the suspension cycled 4-5 times while riding around. Now i went for a ride today, while riding towards the beginning for the ride when went down a rocky downhill section and it was making that clicking sound again! but it went away after riding a little longer.. When i got back i depressurize the fork and while doing so there was about 2-3ML of oil that came out. has anyone had an issue like this before?

Thanks guys!

my bike!

·
EDR
10,037 Posts
My coil Lyrik will make a 'clunking' sound when lofting off drops or pulling up abruptly when it's very low on damper oil. This was happening a few weeks back. Found the culprit to be a rebound oring letting oil leak to the lowers (also had less than full travel by that time). You have a different fork so YMMV........... but my point still holds true I think, check the oil levels.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You should relube the air chambers if you've let all the oil out, otherwise the o-rings wil wear out and possibly leak. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts