Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been out in a while, but these are the reports given to me today by folks that rode today...

Hall:
Rock Garden/Bitterbrush - good to go up to the loop
Nelson Loop - muddy
Antelope - still frozen with lots of ice. Will be muddy when it warms

Heil:
Wapiti - good, mostly all dry
Ponderosa Loop - good - no mud but mostly snowpack
Picture Rock - supermud, going to be that way for a while

thanks for listening and happy new years :)

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
bedell99 said:
I climbed up yesterday to the bench in the wind. I finallymade the hard section in the middle that you have a picture of. Lidarman, do you take the picture yourself.

Erik
There were two of us--me and sdsantacruzer. I had him take the pic of my azz. The others are photos of him I took

We probably didn't even leave Redstone Cyclery till near 12:45

·
mtbmike
304 Posts
Not a Good Bet Today...

Temps did not dip below freezing last night, so the snow and ice on the trail are still melting.

Don't expect to ride Picture Rock until the temps freeze everything back solid or the trail dries out... and drying out will take a sustained chinook wind for who knows how many days.

I took this shot where we turned around; it was about 1:45 yesterday. We saw a guy that came out of the drainage just below the switchback... he had to shuck off the mud from his bike and was walking... we decided to not join him.

Attachments

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
mtbmike1 said:
I took this shot where we turned around yesterday around 1:45 yesterday. We saw a guy that came out of the drainage just below the switchback... he had to shuck off the mud from his bike and was walking... we decided to not join him.
thanks for the update on Heil. Will stay away.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from a little Picture Rock action. I figured I would check out conditions and turn around if it got too muddy. My time budget was short and I was kinda hangin anyway. I turned around at the first rock wall switchback before you get to the Silo. The tread was slimy but not muddy - my bike hadn't collected anything at all. A group of hikers coming down said that the treed in section below the silo was the worst. From the quarry up was all dry. In a surprising dialogue with a group of hikers where I turned around, they urged me to keep going, "You're not hurting anything with your tires, go on up." wow.

The tread was holding up well in the slimy spots, too, as 99.9% of all users had ridden right down the middle of the trail.

With another round of mega Chinook winds, PR should be all good in another day or so.

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
Hall was pretty dry today. Antelope had a few muddy, slushy, snowy spots, but few and fairly short. The Nelson loop had a bit more mud and you had to go slow in a few sections to not kick up mud. The rest was dry as a bone.

·
Registered
498 Posts
bedell99 said:
I climbed up yesterday to the bench in the wind. I finallymade the hard section in the middle that you have a picture of. Lidarman, do you take the picture yourself.

Erik
You the guy on the bright orange Yeti? Still diggin that color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.