Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about hitting up Lyons on Saturday. Given how busy the Fort Collins area stuff has been this year, is parking a problem? I don't want to get surprised and not be able to legally park. (either Picture Rock or Hall). Is there a legal overflow that is ok to park in? (like the high school?) .

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
There's a free lot here on second, right next to the path that will take you out to Highway 7 to access Hall, or riding through Bohn Park to Picture Rock. It's a bit further away from the downtown, so if you're not grabbing a post ride beer or tube, it's a good place to park.

Blue Green Yellow Colorfulness Text

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,117 Posts
Lyons was a zoo today when I drove through on my way up to Pinewood Springs. The Rocky Grass music festival brought a bunch of folks to town.
Yep, every year. I drove through there last year at this time and was stunned at the amount of people that festival draws. Looked like fun though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
There are a lot of people there but the Lyons festivals tend to draw people who are pretty chill and don't make life too hard for regulars. The summer / fall tourist traffic going to Estes for day trips from Denver (which is a stupid idea on weekends unless you like to sit in traffic) is much worse of a problem in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.