Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lynskey Ridgeline 29 - Anyone of size riding one?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BRAKING 
#1 ·
I've been looking around at frames and the Lynskey Ridgeline 29 looks interesting.

Anyone here in the 6'6"/250+ size riding one?

I'm just looking for something modern to trail ride and get back on a bike after a few years. Comments welcome.

Thanks

#2 ·
Tomzinn,

I have not rode the Lynskey Ridgeline, however, I have an original Lynsky Built Litespeed Obed (Pre ABG) that I have ridden for close to fifteen years until I recently went to a full squishy BMC. I am converting the Lynskey Litespeed to a single speeder this week. I am 6"3 and 235 and I have never had any issues with my Ti Frame. Lynskey builds great frames that last. I had broken two CroMo frames previously. If you have not ridden a Ti frame before they have a special quality, strong but with some flex. If there are positive reviews for the Ridgeline, I can vouch for the durability of his products, few are better. Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays,

MadDuc916

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. I haven't ridden a titanium bike yet...in fact I'm still riding a 26 year old Ritchey. I just caught the bug again and am toying around with the idea of building up a modern bike...it's been 26 years, I think I'm overdue.

The Lynskey frames are one of the nicer frames I've seen. I'm considering Potts as well as Willits. Just doing some due dilligence and trying to figure out what other guys my size are riding these days.

Cheers.

#4 ·
Can't comment on the Lynskey but I recently was able to throw a leg over a Moots HT and FS (both two niners).
The Moots HT also had the Clydsdale Ti tubing (thicker pipes). The owner of that bike was about my size 6'6" 270.
I'm sure any Ti builder can add a "Clydesdale" tubing set for you though.
My next frame will be Ti for show.

#5 ·
Im 6'0" 240 and riding a medium Ridgeline. Love the bike!
Would not call it an overly rigid bike but not noodley either. Just rides like a great Ti bike. I have a steel Kona Unit 2-9 as well and the ride of this bike is just that much better. Dont think you can go wrong at this price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.