Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at building a new 29er. the problem is having a hard time deciding between two modles. one is the pro 29 from lynskey and the other is the ridgeline. trying to justify the cost difference.
any opininions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ridgeline, the twisty tubes are not worth the money to me but they may be to others.
I have 2 Lynskey made frames and love them both. I have a 2010 Vassago Optimus Ti and a Ragley TD:1.

·
Registered
244 Posts
lynskey

ratboy said:
looking at building a new 29er. the problem is having a hard time deciding between two modles. one is the pro 29 from lynskey and the other is the ridgeline. trying to justify the cost difference.
any opininions would be greatly appreciated.
ridgeline for sure my new 2011 super stiff ,lite ,no flex,rides great &better looking than the twisty tubes :thumbsup: I think anyway KP

·
Registered
896 Posts
My vote is for the Ridgeline, I don't like the twisty tubes or the new chain stay, looks like an overkill. I'm going to order one by the end of the month for a SS build. They are offering 20% off plus free shipping, so nows the time to buy

Mojo

·
Registered
453 Posts
Something to think about is the kind of racing/riding you do.

I like 24hr Solo races, or anything long, and I normally do them on a 26'er F/S. Recently I decided I should check out 24's on a single speed HT, I looked at the Pro and the Ridgeline and went with the 2011 Ridgeline SL for the more compliant ride - I should have it by end-March. I have a 24 Solo a few weeks after it arrives so I'll see how it treats me then.

If I did races or rides that were less than 3 or 4hrs I might have considered the Pro.

·
Registered
156 Posts
cytoe said:
2011 Pro. The plate stays aren't just cool looking, they allow you to slam the tire all the way forward (tire clearance) if you want to make your chain stays short. Get your twist on.
The helix downtube does nothing for me so I bought a 2011 Ridgeline with sliders. My 2.2 Continental Mountain King can be run all the way forward with plenty of clearance but I do think the plate stays look much cooler than mine.

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
I have an older Pro with the curved top tube, sliders, set up as a dedicated singlespeed with a Niner carbon fork. Great bike. I'm not a big fan of the twisted tubes. Asthetics really. Lynskey is a good company to deal with. Great customer service and support so you won't go wrong with either choice. I also race a ProCross during cx season and have had nothing but good luck with it. I'm seriously considering a Ridgeline VF as my 2011 race rig - but having trouble deciding on it or the A9C.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.