Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wrtaylo said:
Lynch's woods is in Newberry....right.

If I remember correctly, it is fast.......but not very technical. Have they added any trail or obstacles?

RT
Yeah man, good XC trails. I don't know if I would drive to Newberry from where you are to ride there. Too many good options closer. . .

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kenpuke said:
Awww yeah! Need to take the VooDoo and hit that up this week when things dry out... Or is it already dry?
We rode on Saturday before the rain Saturday night and there were only a couple wet spots. It normally drains well so I would guess it is pretty dry.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SimpleJ said:
Are these directions correct? I live in Charleston, but I'm always looking for places to ride when I visit home (Winnsboro).
They are correct except for the fact that the Wall Mart caused a new light to be built. Therefore after you turn off the highway at exit 76, you should go straight through the first light and make a left at the second light. Then the entrance to the forest is less than a mile on your left.

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
Great to hear that someone finally took the time to work on Lynch's! :thumbsup:

I tried to get something together last year and the year before, with no success...:madman:

·
single speeder
53 Posts
I rode it for the first time on Saturday and got lost. I didnt think that was possible in such a small area. There are numerous trails that arent marked on the maps I have seen. Does anyone have an updated map? Could the trails be marked better with blazes?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
singleminded1 said:
I rode it for the first time on Saturday and got lost. I didnt think that was possible in such a small area. There are numerous trails that arent marked on the maps I have seen. Does anyone have an updated map? Could the trails be marked better with blazes?
I never knew there was a map. The only advice I was given the first time I went out there was "stay to the right." That works pretty well.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DM-SC said:
Yeah, it's quite a job they did packing that much trail into such a small space! :thumbsup:
Yah in the winter you can see someone on the trail and almost ride shoulder to shoulder with them even though you are 10 minutes away from each other. However, in the summer you would never know they were there.

That map makes me dizzy. Don't worry about a map if you go there. Just ride, it isn't really possible to get lost. In the true sense of the word. . .

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
What about the powerline crossing that was a BIG rut? Have they done anything about that?

·
Jump in
94 Posts
Just rode this trail yesterday on the advice of extrmtao in another thread. Tao, thank you my brother.

The trails are in good shape generally. There are a lot of leaves down on some sections, makes the trail hard to find sometimes. There is a trail map on the bulletin board at the parking lot. It was 65 degrees yesterday when we started. Rode it in both directions. The last few miles were a struggle, I need a different shape than round. MTBR says these are advanced trails, I would say intermediate at most, but good none the less. Seemed like more than 8 miles, but that could be a function of my piss-poor shape.

Good stuff, good fun. If you like these, get down to Chicopee in Gainesville GA sometime. 15 miles if you put all of the loops in, no extra charge for the ass-whoopin they give you.

Thanks again tao!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tebr73 said:
Just rode this trail yesterday on the advice of extrmtao in another thread. Tao, thank you my brother.

Thanks again tao!
I don't know what advice made it all worthwhile but your welcome.

I am on a mission this spring to learn more GA trails. I have neglected that part of the country. I am sooo addicted to the NC mountains.

There will be another group of strong riders out for a ride at Lynchs on Saturday around 9:00 if anyone wants to join in.

Peace

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.